RLC Web Policy
While this website is intended primarily for those who are interested in learning more about Resurrection Lutheran Church (RLC) and those who are already a part of the RLC community, the nature of a website is such that anyone with a computer and Internet access can view it. We believe in the inherent good will of humanity, yet we know it is wise to protect the privacy rights of individuals.
Therefore, we resolve to implement the following steps on non-secured pages of this website in order to ensure the privacy of our members and guests:
We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to; staff, adult members, youth and missionaries. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For staff, we list names, office email addresses, and office phone numbers. No home phones, etc. It is important that people be able to contact the staff and that access is all through the church office.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are covering on the website. We do not list email addresses unless they have specifically given permission (they often ask us). We do not list phone numbers. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the church office for phone numbers.
- For youth and children, we do not list full names, but at most the first name and initial of the last name. We also do not list email addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions do not include full names and often do not include names at all. This is intended to help protect them from the more dangerous types of people that can and do use the net to contact and take advantage of young people.
- For missionaries, we are very careful what, if anything, we list. Sometimes, missionaries are in countries where they would be in danger if it were known that they are 'missionaries' or even Christian. In some countries, it is actually illegal to be there as a Christian missionary and they could be imprisoned or deported. We don't post information, even names, emails or country, without the explicit permission of that missionary or from our staff person in charge of missions.
RLC has a printed member and ministry directory with names, addresses, email, etc. which is only available to members and friends of RLC. It is periodically distributed in print at the church. To request a copy or to add your information to this directory, contact the church office. This directory is not available publically online.
When using photos of RLC events, members, etc. online, either directly on the website or in our photo albums we use the following guidelines:
- Including photos in our site is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it.
- Photos are almost always of people in public spaces, at public events.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo. If we know someone is shy about such things, we ask them before posting the photo.
- We don't put full names of children or youth as captions with photos, and we minimize how often we use full names of adults.
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request. In any case, if you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, we would be glad to do so. Please contact us.
Please be aware, that while we never post home addresses, there are a number of websites that provide white pages, or extensive listings of mailing addresses. There are also a number of people-finder type sites that help in locating people and their names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. These sites have many sources of data and you can probably assume that you're in there somewhere.
Information About What Resurrection Lutheran Church Gathers and Tracks
Resurrection Lutheran Church collects two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news information or correspondence; and 2) aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you've requested. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists to receive news information, you must provide an email address. We never sell or rent the email address you provide when subscribing to our lists.
- When providing additional comments on how you see Resurrection Lutheran Church servicing your needs and interests.
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Resurrection Lutheran Church, our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Aggregated tracking information
We analyze visitors' use of our sites by tracking information such as pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and click through. We use this information to improve our sites.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Cookies & Advertising
This site contains links to other sites. Resurrection Lutheran Church is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web Sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All the data regarding users, their computers' system information and benchmark results are stored on a server. This server is located in a locked and guarded space and only authorized Resurrection Lutheran Church personnel have access to it.
Notification of Changes
All notification of changes will be posted to our website.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
- You can send an email, stating your request.
- You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at:
Resurrection Lutheran Church
1919 Independence Parkway
Plano, Texas 75075